EFFECTIVENESS USUAL COUNSELING BY PHARMACIST OF RSUD A.W. SJAHRANIE SAMARINDA TO IMPROVE MEDICATION COMPLIANCE IN HYPERTENSION
Compliance to antihpertensive medications represents a success factor for blood pressure control in clinical practice. Medical non-compliance has been identified as a major public health problem in the treatment of hypertension. This study evaluated an additional usual counseling could achieve optimal BP control. This experimental study uses cohort study design using prospective patient data collection in patients with hypertension, and hypertension with complications at RSUD A.W.Sjahranie SAMARINDA from Juli 2014-Oktober 2014. Data were collected by interviews and questionnaires; meanwhile the patient's blood pressure data were taken from the medical record. A total of 61 patients. The results showed that there were not significant different in change BP control and compliance level wilcoxcon (p>0,05). The compliance status in usual counseling relatively poor. Phamacist counseling are important to improve medication compliance in hypertension
2. Hussar, DA., 1995. Patient Compliance in Remington; The Science and Practice of Pharmacy, The Philadelphia Collage of Pharmacy and Science, USA, pp :vol 2:1796-1807
3. Cipolle, R.J, Strand, L.M, Morley, P.C. 2004, Pharmaceutical Care Practice : the Clinicianâ€™s Guide (2th Ed). New York. The McGrow Hill CO
4. Schnipper, JL, Jennifer, LK, Michael, CC, Stephanie, AW, Brandon, AB, Emily, T, Allen, K, Mark, H, Christoper, LR, Sylvia, CM, David, WB. 2006. Role of Pharmacist Counseling in Preventing Adverse Drug Events After Hospitalization. USA : Archives of Internal Medicine. Vol 166.565-571.
5. Onzenoort, H.A.W. 2010. Assesing Medication Adherence Simultaneously by Electronic Monitoring and Pill Count in Patients With Mild to Moderate Hypertension. USA : American Journal of Hypertension. 23, 149-154.
6. Price, SA dan M. W. Lorraine. 1994. Patofisiologi : Konsep Klinis Proses-Proses Penyakit, Edisi IV Jilid I, Jakarta : Penerbit Buku Kedokteran EGC.
7. Brown, C.T., 2006, Penyakit Arteroskerotik Koroner, dalam : Price, S. A., Wilson, L. m., (eds) : Patofisiologi, Volume I, Edisi VI, Jakarta : Penerbit Buku Kedokteran EGC, hal. 582-84.
8. Morisky, D.E., Ang A, Krousel-Wood, M.A., Ward H, 2008, Predictive Validity of A Medication Adherence Measure in an Outpatient Setting, J. Health-Syst. Pharm, 10:348-54.
Copyright (c) 2018 Journal of Tropical Pharmacy and Chemistry
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.